Summary of Requirements for the International PhD Program in Neuroscience
Eine Website mit verständlichen und anschaulichen Informationen über das Gehirn >>
- The PhD student registers at the Neuroscience
Center Zurich (ZNZ) (registration form (Word-file)
- The student and his/her supervisor assemble
the thesis steering committee (a minimum of 3 people) within the first few
months after immatriculation.
- A written thesis proposal, which must be
signed by all three members of the thesis steering committee is handed in to
the ZNZ office within the
first 12 months after the beginning of the PhD work (see template).
- The Introductory Course in Neurosciences is
taken during the first year
- A written examination of the Introductory
Course topics is taken in two parts
- The student prepares annual oral presentations
and written progress reports of the thesis research work which must be
signed by all three members of the thesis steering committee and handed in
to the ZNZ office (see annual progress reports). The first annual written progress report is
handed in at the latest one year after submission of the thesis proposal.
- The student takes part at least once in the
ZNZ PhD Retreat
- In the second, third and possibly fourth year,
the student takes advanced lectures and courses with assigned credit
points. A minimum of 12 ECTS points must be achieved (see description).
- The PhD thesis is completed and must be
approved by the thesis steering committee
- The student takes the final PhD exam
- To claim the ZNZ Certificate, the student
submits a copy of the final thesis and the course attendance confirmations
to the ZNZ office.
Diese Website wird in älteren Versionen von Netscape ohne
graphische Elemente dargestellt. Die Funktionalität der
Website ist aber trotzdem gewährleistet. Wenn Sie diese
Website regelmässig benutzen, empfehlen wir Ihnen, auf
Ihrem Computer einen aktuellen Browser zu installieren. Weitere
Informationen finden Sie auf
The content in this site is accessible to any browser or
Internet device, however, some graphics will display correctly
only in the newer versions of Netscape. To get the most out of
our site we suggest you upgrade to a newer browser.