10 November 2015, 08:00 - 17:30, Tagungszentrum Schloss Au, Au/ZH
The retreat is open for 3rd - 4th year ZNZ Phd students and other interested young neuroscientists.
Organized by the Gender Equality Committee.
The Graduate Campus of the University of Zurich has been established to support PhD students and Postdocs in their scientific career. The Campus offers funding for interdisciplinary activities, access to a large network of junior researchers and organizes courses, e.g. on transferable skills.
>> Graduate Campus Website
ZNZ, Zurich, next course: spring 2012
Jackie Leach Scully
The aim of this Block course is to provide students with some of the conceptual tools
with which to engage with the ethical problems presented by the neurosciences
today. The teaching methods of the course combine lectures and small
group discussion, and students are expected to participate actively.
The course will also offer students the opportunity to discuss topics of particular interest to them.
The language of the course is English.
• What sort of ethical problems do neuroscientists confront in their work?
• The basic tools and approaches of ethics, medical ethics and bioethics
• Ethical problems of animal use in scientific research
• Humans in scientific and medical research
• Special cases: research on human embryos, globalized research
• Genetic ethics: the use of genetic data in research
• The special case of memory
• Scientific fraud: on being a good scientist
• Ethical or social responsibility?
Diese Website wird in älteren Versionen von Netscape ohne graphische Elemente dargestellt. Die Funktionalität der Website ist aber trotzdem gewährleistet. Wenn Sie diese Website regelmässig benutzen, empfehlen wir Ihnen, auf Ihrem Computer einen aktuellen Browser zu installieren. Weitere Informationen finden Sie auf
The content in this site is accessible to any browser or Internet device, however, some graphics will display correctly only in the newer versions of Netscape. To get the most out of our site we suggest you upgrade to a newer browser.